Medical

What is Medical Marijuana Used For?

3 Replies, 2549 Views

More than half of the U.S. States and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana in some form.
Meanwhile, many people are using marijuana regularly, but FDA has only approved it for the treatment of two rare and severe forms of epilepsy, Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.

Medical marijuana is used to treat a number of various situations, as per below:

Cancer
Crohn's disease
Alzheimer's disease
Appetite loss
Nausea
Pain
Multiple sclerosis
Muscle spasms
Eating disorders such as anorexia
Epilepsy
Glaucoma
Mental health conditions like schizophrenia and posttraumatic stress disorder
Wasting syndrome (cachexia)
Why hasn't more research and analysis been done? One conclusion is that the DEA (U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration) considers marijuana a Schedule I drug, the same as LSD, heroin and ecstasy, and likely to be ill-treated and missing in medical value. 
In my point of view, researchers need a special license to study it and help to DAE for better control and management plans.
Hey buddy! That may not change anytime soon. The Drug Enforcement Administration considered re-categorize marijuana as a Schedule II drug like Oxycodone or Ritalin, but finalized it to keep it as a Schedule I drug.

However, the agency did and agrees to support further research on marijuana and make the procedure easier for researchers.

No doubt, research is seriously needed, because we have to be able to recommend doctors and patients on the safe and effective use of cannabis, Bonn-Miller says.

He shared some background on medical marijuana's uses and potential side effects.
The treatment of chronic pain with medicinal cannabis in resulted in improved pain and functional outcomes, and a significant reduction in opioid use. Studies suggest a long-term benefit of cannabis treatment in this group of patients.