Setups

LED grow lights worth it?

2 Replies, 2103 Views

A friend of mine who grows suggested I use LED grow lights. They don't cause the smell to be overbearing, they cost less in electricity and I guess provide better lighting overall. 

Do you think LED lights are better over standard grow lights? I am eyeing a few LED lights on Amazon, so I may go that route soon.
LED lights are a great option for indoor planting. Do thorough research before choosing any specific light. The general rule of thumb is to avoid any LEDs that look pink/purple. Look for full spectrum, white light and aim for at least 30 watts per square feet of canopy space.

I am new to using them as well. I used four a foot above my group of Begonia Rex and two parishes the light was too bright for them. I now use the same 4 lights on a lower setting. I don't know how low/high to set my lights but would rather be safe than sorry. You could start on a low or medium setting. If the succulent starts to get leggy because it's reaching for the light, increase the light setting. ?
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022, 10:53 AM by Afghanichatni.)
(03-05-2020, 09:04 PM)Mellow Wrote: A friend of mine who grows suggested I use LED grow lights. They don't cause the smell to be overbearing, they cost less in electricity and I guess provide better lighting overall. 

Do you think LED lights are better over standard grow lights? I am eyeing a few LED lights on Amazon, so I may go that route soon.

This is why using grow lights—preferably LED grow lights—to cultivate your plants is recommended.
They can be better supported to your houseplants because they use less energy and don't get as hot.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 11:58 AM by maryjones.)