Question

Antidepressant and smoke

6 Replies, 3934 Views

What happens if someone that never has been on antidepressant, takes 100 mg of the Zoloft and then smokes weed?
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2020, 10:03 AM by Brian.)
Smoking weed is VERY normal, actually. The majority of the population (not including kids) smoke it. By the way how much you take it ?
(03-07-2020, 09:43 AM)Alex Wrote: Smoking weed is VERY normal, actually. The majority of the population (not including kids) smoke it. By the way how much you take it ?
I'm generally on 100 mg of Zoloft.

I just took 200mg and I am about to smoke marijuana within 30 mins. Will it make me trip?
(03-07-2020, 09:45 AM)Johnbelley Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 09:43 AM)Alex Wrote: Smoking weed is VERY normal, actually. The majority of the population (not including kids) smoke it. By the way how much you take it ?
I'm generally on 100 mg of Zoloft.

I just took 200mg and I am about to smoke marijuana within 30 mins. Will it make me trip?
Smoking weed with Zoloft shouldn't be a problem, but keep in mind that everybody's body reacts differently. Many people successfully combine the two, but there are many out there who also, from experience, preach not to do it.
Probably not good to mix meds and weed without knowing how strong it is. Look for a pure CBD strain like ACDC or Charolets Web. These are super mellow and more for anxiety
First, we consider Marijuana and Zoloft Interactions, Effects, & Reactions that may be soft, and current information is based mainly on antidotal evidence, but it’s still significant to speak with your physician and also to try and avoid combining the two if possible.
I doubt it'll be a problem unless the Zoloft upsets your stomach then the weed might also make your stomach more sensitive putting you in even more pain. But that's about it.

I took 100mg of Zoloft as my doctor advised (Didn't smoke weed the same day as taking it) and the next day I was in hospital. Doctors REALLY didn't like the idea of Zoloft being the cause of my pain and MAINLY blamed it on a stomach infection. But that's the only thing I took and then the next day when I wake up I was in extreme pain.

So I'm not a fan of Zoloft XD But I doubt smoking weed in moderation will do anything bad when you're on Zoloft if you've been taking the anti depressant for a while and can actually function on the anti depressant.

As for "tripping" Zoloft doesn't really work like that you get long term effects from the drug so any side effects would likely be long term not like... An increased buzz. Again an example if the Zoloft reacted badly with your stomach I was in pain for a week (And apparently the weed made my stomach more sensitive putting me in more pain) but it was a long term effect. On other anti depressants I've experienced in some cases time skips like I can't remember what I was doing and stuff (I hate anti depressants) and again this was a long term effect not just after taking my pill. I took my pill every day for a couple of weeks and then the side effect eventually kicked in and even when I stopped the anti depressant it took a couple of days for the side effect to stop. These anti depressants don't really give you a buzz when you take them they work affect your brain and body over days and weeks, it's not like snorting coke where you'll get a buzz for 30 minutes if that makes sense.